Aras Corporation is a fast moving high tech company that delivers innovative enterprise software solutions to leading companies such as General Motors, Airbus, General Electric, Boeing and IBM. Aras provides businesses with product lifecycle management (PLM) applications to improve new product development for greater collaboration and faster time to market. Aras Innovator uses an advanced Web based SOA technology available as Enterprise Open Source software which provides Aras with a highly disruptive position in the marketplace and a solid business strategy.
PLM Solutions Architects (Professional Services):
We are looking for experienced PLM Solutions Architects who will play a key role in leading successful customer deployments of innovator solutions. This role will lead the technical implementation team in the planning, elaboration, design, construction and transition of solutions that exceed customer requirements. The PLM Solution Architect has overall technical ownership of the delivered software solution. Demonstration of technical leadership, large team management, organization skills, and the ability to negotiate with key customer stakeholders are essential in ensuring success.
Core responsibilities include:
- Lead a technical implementation team in all aspects of solution deployment
- Facilitate workshops, develop solutions, build consensus across all stakeholders to ensure timely and successful delivery of technology aligned to business value
- Develop conceptual solution architecture using combination of standard and custom applications to produce end-to-end customer solution
- Lead as well as support the development of requirements specifications, Use Cases, and functional specifications
- Perform solution analysis and develop customer facing proposals and contribute to the development of proposals / statements of work
- Transform customer requirements to technical solutions through a thorough understanding of the Aras Innovator suite of tools
- Lead or participate in the delivery of Proof of Concept engagements at key prospects
- Provide input to the professional services team regarding methodology and tools
- Provide coaching and mentoring to other team members as necessary
- Assign tasks to project members and reviews the team’s work products to ensure that they are accurate and consistent. Supervises and manages project teams as appropriate.
- Supervise and manage technical teams that may be located either are onsite or offshore
- Professionally interact and communicate with customers and internal team members
- Clearly demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Have a thorough understanding of large scale enterprise application deployment methodologies with experience leading teams in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Must be able to write clear, understandable Requirements, SOW, Specification documents, and Use Cases.
- Technically self-sufficient with data modeling techniques, SQL Server and Microsoft Office products. Installation and configuration of SQL Server, SQL Scripting (Transact SQL), SQL triggers, stored procedures, functions, etc.
- Experienced with data migration techniques from legacy systems
- Proven strong project management skills with accountability for end-to-end delivery
- Strong planning, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Ability to support multiple projects concurrently as required
- Must have exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strong rapport and relationship building skills with both internal individuals and external customers. Must be an effective communicator in difficult customer situations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 10 years of PLM deployment experience
- Proven track record in leading large, enterprise PLM software deployments in an Architect role
- Demonstrated experience with Agile project management tools such as Jira, VS Team Services, etc.
- Experience in any of the following verticals: Automotive, Consumer Products, High Tech Electronics, Aerospace, & Shipbuilding
- Industry knowledge of any of the following: Engineering Change processes, Phase Gate Project Management, Quality systems processes, DFMEA, PFMEA, CAPA, Manufacturing Process Planning, CMII change management
- Must be able to travel 50%, primarily regional with frequent 3-4 day trips as required